Melt and Pour Soap Base - Suspension
Our Melt and Pour Suspending Soap Base is specially designed to suspend additives such as jojoba beads or loofah. It can be used to create a decorative soap bar (e.g. such as by adding fine glitter) or a functional exfoliating bar. Creative possibilities are endless. Some trial and error is required with this product, as some additives may be too heavy for the suspending properties of the base to work properly. Users should try adding their ingredients at a slightly cooler temperature than normal, as the base will be thicker and more likely to suspend additives. The key ingredient in the Suspending M&P base is Silica. Silica creates a suspending matrix within the formulation, but that very property can also be apt to trap in more air and create a cloudy effect. Therefore, when stirring in additives, it should be done very gently and avoid any abrupt stirring as this can inadvertently welcome air into the formulation and cause unwanted cloudiness of the base.
Usage: A 1Kg block can make between 10 - 20 soaps, depending on the size of the soap you’re trying to make.
• Highly moisturizing formula with excellent lather
• No artificial colours added
• No animal testing
• 100% Vegetable base
• Semi-transparent & colourless for excellent colour saturation
• Wide temperature range, from 140 F to 180 F
• Odourless base for superior fragrance lift
• Neutral pH of approximately 7.8
• Compatible with wide range of fragrances
• Compatible with a wide range of fragrances Vegetable-based melt and pour soap, no animal ingredients
• High natural glycerin content and excellent mold release function
Caution: When making soaps it is good to remember that the Melt & Pour Bases contain water as part of the formula. So if they are left exposed to the atmosphere, the water will evaporate and the bar of soap will shrink. We would recommend fully wrapping the ENTIRE soap bar as soon as it is poured and cooled--this should minimize/eliminate any shrinkage.
Important Note: The information provided is for educational purposes only.