Melt and Pour Solid Conditioner Base RSPO Mass Balance
Specially formulated using a natural emollient to condition the hair whilst shea butter and coconut oil provide nourishment. Our RSPO Mass Balance Solid Conditioner is the perfect base for creating an easy to use, retail ready product. Simply requiring the addition of fragrance oil and additives to suit your audience this base is 98% of the finished product.
This Solid Conditioner Base is ideal for manufacturers, brands and home hobbyists. Simply Melt, Mix, Pour, Create.
- Shea butter & coconut oil provide nourishment
- Behentrimonium chloride helps condition the hair
- RSPO MB Certification
- Melting begins at 60°C
Processing Solid Conditioner:
1. Cut & Melt remove the base from the packaging and cut the product into smaller pieces to aid melting. Melt the product in a microwave or suitable device. The base will begin to melt at 60°C.
2. Create & Mix. Simply add the chosen additives to the molten product and mix to ensure even distribution. As the base does not contain water, the additives used must be oil-soluble otherwise there may be solubility issues. We recommended a maximum of 5% additives, including up to 2% fragrance.
3. Pour & Set. Pour the molten product into a mould or suitable container between 75 – 80°C and allow to set.
4. Remove. Once the Solid Conditioner base has set, remove the product from the mould or suitable container and package as required. Selection of packaging should be carefully considered due to the oily nature of the product. If the finished product is to be sliced, we recommend using a wire cutter.
Using Solid Conditioner - Activating and using a conditioning bar is different to a shampoo bar. We recommend following these three simple steps:
1. Hold the bar under the warm water for up to 1 minute, working the bar between your hands to release this conditioner from its solid form.
2. When it’s reached a creamy lather, massage directly onto wet hair for as long as you feel necessary.
3. Work down from the top of your hair to the ends for maximum benefit. Leave for 2 minutes then rinse off.